Thursday, May 9, 2013

Vintage Polaroid Effect in Photoshop - New or Improved Skill Day 9

a dome tent in the woods















I wanted to make a vintage style photograph into a Polaroid type image and found 2 good sources. Design Nocturne has a tutorial for the 1970's era image and fuzzimo has a selection of free, hi-res, blank Polaroid frames.

a dome tent in the woods
a dome tent in the woods polaroid


I should have cropped the image before processing it in Photoshop since I lost a lot of the tinting but I did this for the process not the product. Next time...

These are my notes since I've had sites disappear; I made a few small changes to the original tutorial.

Crop photo to fit Poloroid frame.

Command j to duplicate the original photo.
Filter > blur > Gaussian blur. Radius 3

Adjustment layer > hue/saturation. Saturation -35.

Adjustment layer > solid color > #ff0030. Blending mode screen, opacity 25%.

Adjustment layer > solid color > #a26334. Blending mode hard light, opacity 20%.

Adjustment layer > gradient > use red #ff0030, linear gradient at 180 degrees. Blending mode screen, opacity 25%.

Grain layer. Edit > fill > 50% grey. Filter > noise > add noise, set the amount to 100%. Blending mode overlay, opacity 10%.

Place the merged image onto a Polaroid frame and re-crop.

No comments:

Post a Comment