Saturday, February 2, 2013

Taming Electronic Clutter and Mystery Cords Day 2 Feng Shui

electronics cord with tag



















When I buy new electronics I think I won't forget what this cord is for; I am consistently wrong...

Now I label all cords for electronics as soon as they are purchased.

I take labeled key tags and put them on the cord. Many of my cords are smaller than the metal keyring so I make a loose knot and keep the tag in the knotted section.

Cords are kept tidy by velcro bands.

Many of my electronics are used in low light conditions so I put blue painters tape on the side that goes up. Whatever I plug into will also have blue painters tape and the blue sides match up. No more bent pins.

I have a box of mystery cords, some dating back to the 1980s, that I put into zip lock bags. The bags are marked to toss in a year. If I haven't needed the cords in that time I probably will never miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment