Friday, January 17, 2014

Whiten Teeth In Photoshop - How To

smile
smile

This came out a bit too bright but the examples in Photoshop Essentials look much better. I did the final mask at 40% opacity on the front teeth and 20% on the back. I used a hard brush but I think a softer brush would give a better look along the gum line.

My Notes:

Use the Lasso Tool to loosely draw a selection around the teeth.

Adjustment Layer > Hue Saturation
Choose Yellow from the Master drop down.
Move the Saturation Slider all the way left.
Move the Lightness Slider right to brighten the teeth. I used +25.

Edit > Fill > Black
Use a brush to paint out the teeth. White removes, black paints it back (in case you make a mistake.)
Lower the opacity to keep the teeth from becoming too white.

You can still lower the opacity further by changing the Opacity at the top of the Layers Panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment