Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Jackson Pollock Inspired Drip Painting, Day 10 Modern Artists




















I must confess that the first time I saw one of Mr Pollock's paintings I was a child and thought it was a drop cloth. His style grows on you and it's a heck of a lot of fun to do.

Getting the paint the correct consistency is a challenge and the vintage brown paint I used first made it even harder.

The paint was so thick I had to use a whisk to get it into a diluted, pourable consistency.

There's an old film clip on YouTube where he discusses his work and an excellent documentary.  Pollock's shoe choice was better than my pink Crocs, the paint goes right through the holes. I had paint everywhere; I understand the eyebrows but I can't figure out how I got some on the back of my legs.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment