Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Georgia O'Keeffe Inspired Painting Of A Carnation, Day 2 Modern Artists

close up of a pink and white carnation
Georgia O'Keeffe is famous for her flower paintings so I took a photo of a pink carnation and cropped it to fit the ratio of a large piece of Masonite that I had stored in the garage.
close up of a pink and white carnation in black and white
I was going to do the painting with blended tones and did a black and white version in Photoshop so I could more easily see values.
modern art style painting of a blue carnation
I started the painting with beautiful color blends but the graphic lines kept calling to me. I totally changed the style and palette and a blue carnation was born.
modern art style painting of a blue carnation
Here is the painting upside down and I love the fierce face that appears. It's probably good that I don't sign paintings on the front since the painting might stay upside down.
modern art style painting of a blue carnation
Sideways is nice as well. Decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment