Sunday, April 7, 2013

Ad Reinhardt Inspired Abstract Expressionist Image, Day 7 Modern Artists

mod pattern of geometric shapes in bright colors
This is my version of an untitled Ad Reinhardt that is at the MOMA. I caught myself turning it into a Mondrian layout. I left bits of the neutral grey and had everything lining up in a grid. I made myself abandon the orderly layout and go a little wild.

I used Reinhardt's color palette and made the image in Illustrator. It's fun play with the orientation and I must confess, once again I prefer a version different from the intended one.

Many of his paintings are quite dark and others are very bright, I found myself verifying that the works were done by the same artist.

His more playful patterns remind me of mod textile prints.


mod pattern of geometric shapes in bright colors

mod pattern of geometric shapes in bright colors

mod pattern of geometric shapes in bright colors

1 comment:

  1. THEY LOOK LIKE CUT-OUTS & ARE CHARMING/PLAYFUL... WHICH IS WHAT ART SHOULD BE...
    http://www.peterhugomcclure.com/colour_images/html/55.htm
    THIS IS A CUT-OUT OVERLAY MADE WITH LITHO-FILM...

    ReplyDelete