Thursday, August 22, 2013

MN State Fair - Urban Sketching

ink drawing of a ticket booth
I'll be sketching at the State Fair with a local urban sketcher group on the 27th.

I had made several of these empty books from single sheets of watercolor paper and I wanted to field test it before bringing them to the fair. When I'm done, I'll bind the mini books together.

The pages are sturdy enough to draw while standing and compact enough to use in crowded situations.

If you make a book like this you need to find watercolor paper that won't crack when folded, a bone folder makes the process easier.


book made from a sheet of watercolor paper
It seemed fitting to start with an empty ticket booth. The streets around the state fair are starting to be blocked off and the area is gearing up for the great Minnesota Get Together. I know it's sacrilegious to some but I've never been a fan of the fair; this should be fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment