Saturday, March 2, 2013

Blown Ink spot Monster Drawing Day 2 Creatures

ink monster with water color leaf feathers
























In grade school we took a blob of paint and blew through a straw to make pictures.

I used some expensive ($12 a bottle) but disappointing ink to do the same thing. I didn't have a straw so  I used a baby nasal bulb to blow the air.

Nasal bulbs are great for adding water to watercolor palettes or squirting on glaze; I've never actually used one on a baby.

The ink dried so slow, remember it's mediocre performance, that I didn't have a lot of time to embellish the drawing so I drew some feathers with a Pigma pen and watercolored them.

The ink was still damp, which is impressive in a Minnesota winter, so I ended up gluing the feathers on moist ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment